Tuesday, December 7, 2010

100th Post

This is officially the 100th post on my blog and I wanted to take the chance to thank everyone who has been reading. I wasn't sure what exactly this was going to be when it started a little over a year ago, but it has turned into a project that I am very proud of.

The blog has served a detailed record of my work, at times it has even been a motivator to get me excited for certain projects ("I can't wait to get this done, it's going to make a great blog post."). It has also served as a great place for me to think through and solidify some of my opinions on theatre, props and art. One of the most important ideas I have explored on the blog, and one I have become very passionate about in the last year is the need to share ideas, thoughts and knowledge, or, as my mantra has become, "build fewer cages, drop more keys". The theatre is a small community and I aim to make it even smaller by making connections and helping fellow artists.

If you're new to the blog, and want to check out some of the highlights, here are some of my favorites.

First, the basis of everything else, and the posts to read if you are interested in doing this, My Process Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
I've had two posts on the role of women as minorities in the scene shop, and in other leadership positions in the theatre.
And some of my favorite projects Skeletor part 1 and part 2, Zulu warrior sheild and magic spear, magical book of life,  Sleeping Beauty's chaise,  lollipops, Magic wands for the Blue Fairy and Glinda, french fries, hour glass and a smushed plum.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to email me with questions, requests or ideas. I want the blog to keep growing and expanding over the next 100 posts and would love to have you along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the 100th post! Here's to a hundred more.

    ReplyDelete